Best supplements for HSV 2
Herpes is a long-term infection classified into two major types – HSV1 and HSV-2. It is chronic as it can re-occur at any time. Although antiviral drugs are available to treat the infection, the virus remains in the body and becomes dormant. It is one of the reasons why until today, there is no cure bonafide for herpes.
Can Supplements actually help to combat herpes?
Many companies believe that regular antiviral drugs for herpes treatment use for HSV2 and HSV1 can cure the infection. This is nothing more than a fad and a common misconception. There is absolutely NO cure for herpes besides the availability of antiviral drugs that LESSENS the effects of herpes symptoms.
A weakened immune system is one of the suspected reasons the herpes simplex virus reactivates. It is here where supplementation can provide some benefits. Since some supplements out there contain vitamins and minerals, they can boost the body’s immunity and help in fighting the disease in an effort to ensure it doesn’t reactivate at some point down the road.
Here is a list of some common supplements for boosting your immune system to combat re-activation of herpes:
- Beyond Simplex – This 21-day supplement contains curcumin, L-lysine, quercetin, and resveratrol that helps the body’s natural antiviral defenses. It boosts immunity and reduces symptoms of cold sores.
- Herpesyl – One of the most popular supplements for herpes is Herpesyl. One bottle of Herpesyl contains 60 capsules. This supplement helps reduce herpes outbreaks by supporting the immune system.
- Herpeva – This supplement is a rich source of vitamin B12, vitamin C, zinc, vitamin E, and L-lysine. It helps fight inflammation and reduce herpes symptoms. Besides treating herpes, Herpeva is also effective in treating shingles and cold sores.
- Herpecillin – This supplement contains vitamin C, L-lysine, zinc, and astralagus. It prevents recurrent outbreaks and lessens the painful effects of cold sores or fever blisters.
Vitamins for herpes
Prevent recurrent herpes outbreaks by maintaining a healthy immune system. Vitamin deficiency is also one of the reasons why your immunity becomes weak, enabling the virus to reactivate and begin its infectious dominance.
So, which vitamins for herpes do you need to take? Here are some of the vitamins found in a variety of healthy foods:
- Vitamin C – This type of vitamin is rich in some of your favorite and refreshing fruits – berries, citrus, melons, orange, grapefruit, and tangerine. Vitamin C is also present in green leafy vegetables.
- Vitamin B6 – Some of the top foods that contain Vitamin B6 are fish, beef liver, turkey breast, pistachios, tuna, avocado, chicken breast, and pinto beans.
- Vitamin E – You can find Vitamin E in almonds, sunflower seeds, spinach, avocado, sweet potato, wheat germ, peanuts, butternut squash, trout, and Swiss chard.
Adding the mentioned foods to your daily diet makes for a great combination to ‘manage’ herpes. Besides preventing the infection from happening, you are also boosting your immune system.
Best supplements for HSV 2 cause herpes outbreaks?
No. There are no known supplements that cause herpes outbreaks. The supplements we talked about earlier support the body’s immunity and help prevent the development of herpes or further outbreaks. These supplements may not be as effective as antiviral drugs; however, they have medical benefits that strengthen the body’s capacity to fight any infection, including herpes.
If using these supplements is essential for your health, talk to your doctor first before purchasing them. Note that the first form of treatment will always be antiviral drugs; however, boosting your immune system has never been a bad idea. Discuss your plans with your doctor and seek approval before using supplements for herpes.