Can Smoking Weed Everyday Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
Can smoking weed everyday cause erectile dysfunction? With marijuana’s rise in popularity, more people are utilizing it as a means, to treat their health issues. Now that public regulations have loosened their laws on marijuana usage, thousands of people are free to acquire it for medical or recreational purposes. But how about its adverse effects on people’s health and specifically, erectile dysfunction (ED)?
When it comes to men’s sexual health, there isn’t enough evidence explaining the link between marijuana and impotence or ED. For years, various reports have been recorded concerning the effects of smoking weed on our bodies, such as frequent respiratory infections, increased heart rate, and mental health problems. Additionally, research also suggests that recreational marijuana use may lead to ED.
As mentioned, no conclusive evidence from the medical community shows how smoking weed or using cannabis daily triggers ED. However, there are specific effects of marijuana that may result in the said condition. It also involves the combination of tobacco smoking and marijuana that has a potential risk of developing erectile dysfunction.
Improving men’s sexual function is not included in the vast array of health benefits pertaining to marijuana use. Below are some of the possible effects of smoking weed that may trigger ED in men.
- Smoking weed daily can increase anxiety, which can result in decreased sexual desire. Note that mental disorders like anxiety or depression can cause ED.
- Long-term use of marijuana leads to an inability to orgasm.
- Like tobacco, smoking weed may also restrict blood flow to the veins and arteries, resulting in difficulty in having a full erection. If you use marijuana with tobacco, there is a high chance of having erectile dysfunction. Remember that a person who smokes is very susceptible to an ED diagnosis.
- Frequent marijuana uses increases levels of dopamine. This occurrence can lead to premature ejaculation.
- One of the adverse reactions to smoking weed is a euphoric feeling. If you use weed daily, your interest in having sex becomes minimal.
- Besides a euphoric feeling, marijuana use can also cause a feeling of drowsiness. This sensation decreases sexual pleasure.
- Smoking regularly can trigger blood pressure increase and abnormal heart rate, whether tobacco or weed. These are mediums which potentially cause ED to happen.
Alongside the therapeutic and medical benefits of smoking marijuana are side effects you’ll likely experience. These are as follows:
- Trouble thinking
- Difficulty focusing
- Euphoric feeling
- Lowered inhibition
- Change in mood
- Slow reaction time
- Altered sense of time
- Increased heart rate
- Coordination problems
- Body imbalance
Although there is insufficient evidence to connect marijuana use with ED, its adverse reactions may increase the risk for impotence, particularly cardiovascular problems. Studies are still ongoing to draw a definitive conclusion concerning marijuana’s role in erectile dysfunction.