Hair Loss Treatment
How can I treat hair loss?
Also known as alopecia, hair loss is one of the prevalent medical conditions that men experience regardless of age. It doesn’t just affect the scalp but also the entire body. It can be temporary and permanent; however, treatment is available to ease the condition and boost men’s confidence.
First off, let’s go on the record for recommending against toupees. Hair loss treatment begins with determining its leading causes. Your healthcare professional or dermatologist will likely give you a physical exam alongside other tests to diagnose accurately. These tests include a blood test, pull test, scalp biopsy and light microscopy.
The main form of hair loss treatment involves the use of prescription drugs. However, there are other ways to reverse the condition. Consider the following treatment and medications:
- Prescription and OTC medications – Minoxidil (Rogaine) and Finasteride (Propecia, Proscar) are two FDA-approved drugs for alopecia. Minoxidil comes in an OTC medicine in foam or liquid form. Meanwhile, Finasteride is available as a pill that you should take daily. Both of these medications treat male pattern baldness.
- Laser treatment – This kind of treatment reduces the inflammation in the follicles, which inhibits hair regrowth.
- Hair transplant – This method is already considered a surgery with two popular procedures. These procedures are follicular unit transplantation and follicular unit extraction. Although deemed effective in treating hair loss, it has risks of infection and scarring.
- Change in lifestyle – Some lifestyle practices are associated with hair loss. Lifestyle change is necessary to retain body hair and prevent severe cases of alopecia. These include quitting smoking, having a balanced diet, and reducing stress by regularly exercising, meditating, and getting enough sleep.
What causes hair loss?
The following factors explain the rapid occurrence of hair loss or alopecia.
- Hereditary or genetic circumstances – If a family member has a history or currently experiencing hair loss, chances are big for other family members to share the condition. This hereditary condition is called androgenic alopecia.
- Medications – Some hair loss occurrences result from using particular drugs for arthritis, heart problems, high blood pressure, and cancer.
- Hairstyling – A condition called traction alopecia refers to excessive hairstyling that pulls the hair too tight, thus, causing excessive hair loss. Some hair treatments like hot oil can also cause hair fall.
- Hormonal change – This factor significantly applies to females. Hormonal changes can trigger temporary or permanent hair loss due to menopause and pregnancy.
While prevention is possible for hair loss, risk factors increase your chances of experiencing the condition. These include:
- Weight loss
- Diabetes and lupus
- Poor diet and nutrition
Are there any drugs out there I can try?
Yes! Two popular hair loss drugs are Finasteride and Minoxidil. You can purchase Finasteride under the brand names Propecia and Proscar. Meanwhile, Minoxidil is available in its branded version Rogaine.
The primary difference between Finasteride and Minoxidil is that Finasteride is only prescribed to men. Furthermore, Finasteride is a prescription drug, while Minoxidil is a non-prescription medication you can purchase in pharmacies.
Kangaroo.co also offers the finest Finasteride product for your hair loss problem. Sign up today and purchase our most trusted medication!
Also available as:
Finasteride $150.00Select options
What is Propecia (Finasteride)? For males who are experiencing benign prostatic hypertrophy and hair loss, Propecia is the right treatment to choose. It has become one of the most widely-used medical aids for the mentioned medical problems. The medicine is very suitable for males, regardless of their age. The generic name for Propecia is finasteride. …