How to get rid of cold sore in 24 hours
Many people want to know how to get rid of a cold sore in 24 hours. We hate being the bearer of bad news but, unfortunately, it is just not possible. Treating the infection and clearing it up within a whole day is complex. Once symptoms develop, recovery can be longer than expected. The only therapy that you can take advantage of is time.
Even if it’s impossible to clear an annoying fever blister immediately, you can speed up the healing process and make its painful symptoms bearable. Although there is no cure for cold sores, it doesn’t mean you can’t do somethings to shorten your infection time. Consider the following ways how to get rid of a cold sore fast.
Cold sore go away fast
- Apply a cold compress – Ice has temporary pain relief properties. Although it will not reduce the outbreak duration, it lessens the pain or inflammation effects of fever blisters. Simply wrap an ice pack in a clean towel and press it into the sore. Wait until the blister feels numb and the pain eases off.
- Moisturize your lips – Fever blisters usually appear around the lips or mouth. If you keep your lip area hydrated, it makes cold sore treatment more comfortable and more manageable. When applying the moisturizer, use a cotton swab to avoid contamination and virus transmission. Read about herpes cure progress
- Use apple cider vinegar – The antimicrobial properties of apple cider vinegar make it unique and medically beneficial. When administering a slight apple cider vinegar solution, use a cotton swab and apply it directly to the cold sore. Repeat this step several times a day until the pain subsides.
- Apply aloe vera gel –The presence of anthraquinone, an antibacterial and antiviral compound found in aloe vera gel, aids in wound healing and helps reduce painful inflammation.
- Use turmeric powder – Since ancient times, turmeric has been beneficial in providing medical therapy for different medical conditions. Its antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties make it helpful in treating cold sores.
Besides the home remedies stated above, taking pain relievers is another way how to make a cold sore go away fast. Over-the-counter pain relievers are available to reduce cold sores’ pain and uncomfortable effects.
If these home remedies do not work, it might be a good time to seek immediate medical help. Particular prescription antiviral medicines work better for painful outbreaks. These medications shorten cold sore healing time and provide extra relief to the infected area.
Talk to your healthcare professional today if you suspect having cold sores. Take immediate medical measures to avoid severe symptoms and follow the fastest way to get rid of a cold sore. Furthermore, ensure your oral health is protected and secured.